CRO helps you learn new information about your target audience, consider new strategies, and ultimately increase your leads and sales.
Have you considered Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)? Don’t worry about targeting. Don’t worry about your audience. Don’t worry about optimizing your campaign budget. What you really need to spend your time on is making sure your website converts website visitors to leads and sales. There is no reason to keep spending more money on SEO, content marketing, and advertising programs if your website cannot convert the visitor traffic you are already getting. Have you analyzed the website’s effectiveness?
What is Conversion Rate Optimization?
Conversion rate optimization (CRO) is an analytical marketing process that helps to increase the success of calls-to-action website visitors will encounter during their journey. This call-to-action can vary from completing a form, contacting you by email or phone, and/or making a sale.
In order to see any quantifiable results, a well-strategized CRO program should run a minimum of four months. Keep in mind that CRO has no definite endpoint; you may have to readjust your strategy from month to month. In turn, the technology used alongside the marketing process is constantly evolving. Therefore, you can always expect to make adjustments of some sort moving forward.
The CRO process includes understanding the journey a visitor takes on your site. You will want to analyze how they got to your website, what pages they visit, where they go from one page to another, what actions they take (e.g. where and what they click). Most importantly, CRO helps you understand what prevents visitors from completing the conversion cycle.
Mathematically, the definition of conversion rate is the ratio of total website visitors to the number of visitors that take the action. You may be surprised to learn that the action your visitor completes is not what you were initially expecting. This is the problem you are trying to solve before you spend an unnecessary budget on your marketing campaigns.
Benefits of Conversion Rate Optimization
Understand your website visitor’s behavior more effectively
- Using Google Analytics, you can learn where your visitors are coming from, what pages they are going to, and the paths they are taking within your website.
Generate more leads and sales
- Changing the layout, design, text copy, and focusing on calls to action will help you generate the intended results.
- Use A/B testing to create different versions of your target pages. This will give you insight into what increases actions from visitors.
Leverage your existing website traffic without the additional marketing budget
- Why spend more money on marketing and advertising if your website is not converting? A CRO program helps you keep your budget under control.
Lower your customer acquisition costs
- With a controlled budget environment, your acquisition costs go down and your profits increase.