The Handler System™ inventor, Brad Blanchard, shares tips and advice on home and garden tools and projects. This week he shares how The Handler System™ helps owners implement small changes that will improve the look of their yard and help reduce water usage.
What are some ways to update my yard in order to save water this spring?
Water is essential for plant health and growth, but there are a few tricks that will help homeowners save on expensive water bills before spring and summer roll around. One of the most effective ways to reduce water use is to decrease your lawn size and introduce unique landscaping alternatives.
How to Reduce the Lawn
The first step is to determine what part of the lawn you plan to keep for ornamental or recreational purposes. This are will continue to be maintained and can be prepped for spring by aerating, thatching, fertilizing, and seeding. The Handler System™ makes these projects easy thanks to the diverse array of tools including a dirt shovel and a 22-tine rake and a 14-tine metal yard rake for just this type of work.
Add New Features to the Yard
Once you have determined the area you want to keep, it is time to address the area you want to change. This can be done in a number of ways including:
– Add a deck or patio area: this will improve the look of the backyard, provide functional outdoor living space, and requires no water to maintain.
– Create a rock garden using ornamental rocks and unique local boulders. This provides contrast and is simple to maintain
– Set up planters with succulents in diverse sizes. These look beautiful and unique and require a minimal amount of water to maintain.
– Consider letting the lawn grow out naturally until it attains a more native look. You might be surprised at how beautiful natural landscaping can be and it helps support the local ecosystem. (Just be sure to check with any local HOA or zoning regulations to make sure it is okay.)
– If you cannot let the grass grow naturally, consider planting drought-resistant wild grasses and bushes that will require less maintenance, but still provide a groomed look to the yard. These can also be surrounded by large mulch or rock beds to discourage weed and natural grass growth and hold in moisture.
When it comes time to tackle this kind of work, The Handler System™ is a convenient and reliable tool, capable of handling any job. Virtually indestructible, The Handler System™ is made out of complex, durable aerospace materials that will withstand abuse even under the most strenuous conditions. The Handler System™ is comprised of a 48-inch-long fiberglass handle with four interchangeable heads including a dirt shovel ideal for digging or handling rocks, dirt, and seed, a metal yard rake suitable for cleaning out grass, gardens, and flower beds, a leaf rake, and a 24 in. push broom to keep your workspace and outdoor living spaces clean.
About The Handler System™ and Brad Blanchard
The Handler System™ was invented by Brad Blanchard. Brad has over 35 years of experience as an aerospace engineer and owns Ventura Aerospace LLC Company, a manufacturing firm that makes precision components for commercial and military jet engines. The home and garden tool is assembled in the USA.
The Handler System™
46301 Port Street
Plymouth, MI 48170