Anthony Soave has always been dedicated to managing resources and waste in a responsible manner. As the owner of one of the largest privately-held waste management companies in Michigan, and a successful scrap metal recycling company, and a hydroponic greenhouse, Soave is extremely dedicated to taking care of the environment. This commitment to the planet trickles down into each of the diverse business ventures of Soave Enterprises.
Employees at MPS Group have taken hold of the green initiative and have worked together to share and implement tips that will help their company save more energy, reduce waste, and make responsible decisions. These include the following:
Managing the Work Environment
- MPS employees have banned together to optimize and centralize the energy management and environmental controls of the office to control different zones of the work environment to minimize the energy used throughout the building.
- Soave employees partner with one another to keep doors closed, wear appropriate attire for the work area to maintain a comfortable working temperature, and turn off lights in unoccupied spaces.
- Employees have even worked to optimize the energy settings for their computers so they will go on standby after 1 hour of inactivity
- Printers and scanners and other peripherals are unplugged except when needed
Using Resources Wisely
- MPS Group uses recycled paper with a high percentage of post-consumer content and minimal chlorine bleaching whenever possible. Employees are also encouraged to print on both sides of the paper when appropriate and to re-use semi-prints as notepaper.
- Packages are shipped in re-used boxes and shredded waste paper is employed as packing material.
- Soave employees are encouraged to bring a re-usable mug to work for coffee or water, to save hundreds of paper cups that would otherwise be discarded
- Pens and pencils are used that are made of recycled materials and refillable pens are preferred.
- Biodegradable cleaners are provided for the custodial staff at MPS Group to deter harmful chemicals from contaminating waste water.
- Items are purchased in bulk to reduce packing waste.
- Another way Soave employees at MPS Group save resources and reduce waste is by keeping digital files.
- Records and transactions are kept online and backed up digitally to reduce hard files.
- Documents are used and reviewed online without printing excessive reports for single-time use and documents can be shared online for easy and convenient collaboration.
Innovative Collaboration Techniques
- Soave Enterprises and MPS Group are open to reducing carbon emissions by conducting meetings and training online through live web conferences whenever possible. By taking advantage of innovative technology, Soave Enterprises is able to reduce the need to travel by car or plane to conduct business. This helps reduce the carbon footprint for the entire Soave Enterprises family.
By keeping these energy and waste-saving techniques in mind, employees at MPS Group are able to keep costs low and reduce waste in the workplace. At Soave Enterprises, employees strive to make it a habit to recycle everything from simple office supplies to consumer products, to large industrial waste. Together, the entire Soave team can make a difference for the environment.
About Anthony Soave and Soave Enterprises
Soave Enterprises is a diversified management and investment company founded by Detroit businessman Anthony Soave that provides strategic planning, financial and other management resources to its affiliated business ventures in the real estate, automotive retailing, beer distribution, scrap metal, industrial services and transportation industries, among others. The MPS Group is a managed professional services company based in Detroit, Michigan. For more information on Tony Soave and Soave Enterprises, please visit http://www.soave.com.
3400 E Lafayette
Detroit, MI 48207