The Lean Learning Center offers an innovative program this December to help organizations improve their results by focusing on transforming companies from the inside out.
The Lean Experience®
The Lean Experience® is a 5-day program that challenges the way your company approaches work. Use the following questions to help you determine if your company could benefit from this highly interactive workshop:
- Do you have demanding customers? Are you facing a competitive market?
- Have you experienced recent growth due to acquisitions or mergers? Are you trying to establish one common way to improve?
- Does your company have a common, well established vision of what you are working to achieve? Is there a common goal?
- Are you unable to agree upon a single improvement method between your company’s divisions?
- Have you tried other improvement methods such as six sigma, 8D, TQM, PMI, IPM, Lamda, Triz and more, only to find that they don’t “fit”, or don’t spark cohesive improvement across the company?
- Do you have a desire and a necessity to be the leader in your industry?
- Is your company successful both internally and externally? Is your goal to remain at the top?
If you Identify with just one of the above statements, then your company will benefit from the guidance and expertise offered through The Lean Experience®. The only way to accomplish any of these goals is through the engagement of all employees throughout your organization who share the same vision for improvement and work collaboratively to achieve it. This program is designed to target employees in every level of your company, from the new intern to the top executive and provide them will the skills and knowledge necessary to hit the ground running upon their return to improve their work.
The Lean Experience® course is a rigorous 5-day course that focuses on building foundational lean knowledge and skills including:
- Lean principles used to drive common thinking and behavior within an organization
- Lean rules to sharpen your focus and analyze work to determine opportunities to improve
- Identifying, analyzing and attacking waste through usage of the Waste Walk
- Basic lean tools including 5S, Error Proofing, Standard Work Instructions and Visual Management
- Tools for leaders
- A structured process for identifying and attacking the root cause of problems and implementing sustainable solutions
Experience a Hands-On Approach with Experienced Professionals
What should I expect? This workshop is different from anything else out there through the integration of hands-on experiences provided through the workshop. 50% of this workshop’s time is committed to hands-on activities including, but not limited to:
- The Airplane Simulation, in which teams complete to build aircraft that satisfies the unique requirements specified by the customer.
- A mapping activity that provides teams with the unique opportunity to document and analyze the activities completed within the airplane simulation
- A waste walk activity that focuses teams on identifying wastes that inhibited their airplane simulation performance
- Structured and rapid experimentation and testing of improvements to the airplane simulation
- The Beer Game Simulation, in which teams work in a supply chain to satisfy their customer’s demand.
Each activity has been carefully designed to illustrate key concepts of the course and provide participants with an immediate opportunity to observe the impact of their use.
Whom will I learn from? Will the teaching team understand the unique challenges that I face within my job and within my industry? Our instructional team is composed of respected business professionals with hands-on experience in a variety of industries ranging from automotive to aerospace to food, medical, military and service. Our teaching team represents 75 years of combined, proven experience in supply chain solutions, new product development, shop floor supervision and leadership, production planning, assessment to identify and address opportunity areas, and most importantly, implementing successful and sustainable change that produces results which will provide you with the examples and insights that you need to generate change.
Everyone Benefits From The Experience
Is the Lean Experience ® right for you? Participants in the Lean Experience® program range from small companies to Fortune Global 500 corporations, from frontline employees to top executives. The instructional materials and methods were designed with this in mind and have been put to the test with over 5,000 participants with successful results. The principles and rules explored in detail during The Lean Experience® have proven to be universally valuable in the world of businesses with a desire to improve.
Benefits of The Lean Experience® include how to produce products with higher quality, increase profits, improve customer service, reduce waste, improve employee engagement and satisfaction, and more.
Date: Monday December 5th, 2016 through Friday December 9th, 2016
Location: Lean Learning Center
200 Kirts Blvd. Suite A
Troy, MI 48084 United States
Cost: The full program fee is $2,495
About Lean Learning Center
The Lean Learning Center was founded in 2001 to address the gaps and barriers that are holding back companies from successful and sustainable lean transformation. In addition to the advanced curriculum, the Center has developed a learning environment designed specifically for adult learning utilizing techniques that include discovery simulations, case studies, personal planning, and reflection – ultimately engaging people at a deep and personal level. We bring our unique lean understanding in creative ways to executives, managers, supervisors, change agents and front-line employees.