Should You Use A Lawyer Referral Service When Finding Your Attorney
Find out if you are as capable as you think
You or your loved one have recently been injured at no fault of your/their own and choosing the best personal injury attorney for your specific personal injury case type is probably high on your list. If it’s not, it should be since the capacity of personal injury attorney’s varies widely and can seriously affect the outcome and value of your lawsuit. When selecting your attorney, should you go at it alone or use a lawyer referral service? Before making that decision, ask yourself the following questions:
Are you a business person? Those that deal with business matters on a daily basis tend to have sharper instincts and better judgment when predicting future behaviors of professionals. If you’re not used to sorting others out, getting help may be the way to go.
Do you avoid confrontation and conflict when matters require attention? If you’re the type that steers clear when confrontation and conflict arise, asking difficult questions when speaking with a personal injury attorney is probably not going to be your strong suit. Those that handle matters head on will get much better results.
Are you a trusting person by nature? While that is a good thing in many areas of life, it’s risky when selecting a personal injury attorney. Those that approach any professional in a trusting manner are less likely going to ask probing questions that will give them important insight into their capacity and attitude.
Do you enjoy researching things? Those that find they experience positive feelings when gathering facts are more likely going to dig deeper and locate more information which ultimately gives them a bigger picture. If researching matters feels like homework to you, we strongly advise that you get help when selecting your personal injury attorney.
What is your current state of mind? You’ve recently been through a traumatic event. You may find that your injury has introduced a great deal of unexpected stress into your life. Stress can cloud judgment causing you to overlook important details which may lead to making decisions on incomplete facts, or worse, making one on pure emotion or impulse. Ask yourself the below questions to determine your current state of mind. Afterward, have someone who knows you well answer the same questions about you and see if your answers match. If you (or they) answer “yes” to at least three, we recommend that you seek assistance when selecting your personal injury attorney.
- Do you find that you don’t sleep as good as you used to?
- Have you been more easily agitated by others?
- Is finding and remembering things more of a challenge?
- Have you recently been feeling unmotivated and depressed?
- Do you find that you’re having overwhelming feelings leading to anxiety?
- Have you been distancing yourself from others?
- Have you been experiencing repetitive circular thoughts?
After assessing yourself, if you decide that you want the help of a lawyer referral service to help you locate the best personal injury attorney to maximize your recovery, you’ll find that some of the advantages of using these services are:
- You can relax and focus on your recovery and other matters in your life
- It’s free. If they are paid, it doesn’t come out of your pocket
- They’re not emotionally involved in your matter which usually leads to clearer thinking and better judgment. This is the reason doctors and attorneys are advised to not treat or represent themselves or their loved ones
- They do this all day so they have extensive experience knowing what to look for
One lawyer referral service that we recommend is Lawyer Locator. Their lawyer referral experts take a hands on approach and learn the details of your case while utilizing their specialized recourses before providing you with a quality personal injury attorney referral. They’ve evaluated thousands of cases.
Lawyer Locator is located at 8711 E. Pinnacle Peak Rd. Scottsdale, Arizona 85255. You can find them on the web at LawyerLocator.biz or call 800-220-0114.