Why Quality Medical Malpractice Personal Injury Lawyers Are Hard To Find
Strategies For Finding The Best Medical Malpractice Personal Injury Lawyer
In spite of the United States having the best standard health care in the world, human error is all too common. Doctors find themselves overwhelmed due to their patient load, which often leads to a diminished quality of care. When these mistakes happen, some victims choose to pursue action legally. Once they find themselves in the legal waters, they quickly realize that the waters are choppy, and that without a skilled navigator the odds of success are low.
Statistically, approximately 10% of the medical malpractice claims nationwide succeed, which means about 90% fail. The reason for this low success rate is because our society places a high value on doctors, which makes us forgiving when things go wrong. Often times, only the most extreme lawsuits of medical malpractice succeed. Successful medical malpractice personal injury lawyers are not easy to find. Even if you’re lucky enough to find one, often times they won’t accept your case since the best ones are selective.
Below are some tips that will help you recognize and find a top medical malpractice personal injury lawyer. And once you find them, learn what you can do to increase the chances that they’ll accept your case.
Signs That You’ve Found A Quality Medical Malpractice Personal Injury Lawyer
- They are medical malpractice specialists – Many personal injury lawyers handle medical malpractice cases as a part of their practice. However, these cases only make up a small percentage of their caseload. Medical malpractice is a specialty with many subtleties and a law firm that doesn’t deal with these nuances day to day are more prone to overlook important aspects of your case. Make sure that the majority of the firm’s cases are medical malpractice and catastrophic injury. To find out what they focus on, visit their website which will often reveal their focus. To confirm this, call them and ask.
- They take all cases to trial themselves – Firms that are not skilled at medical malpractice often need to bring in outside counsel when a case becomes too complex. Ask the firm you are interviewing if they handle all cases in house or farm them out to other firms. If they farm them out, we suggest that you find another medical malpractice personal injury lawyer.
- They have an in-house medical team – You will find that firms who specialize in medical malpractice employ certified medical specialists such as registered nurses since reviewing and interpreting medical records and histories is a daily occurrence.
How To Increase Your Chances Of Getting A Quality Medical Malpractice Personal Injury Lawyer To Accept Your Case
- Be organized – Find your loved ones medical records and clearly lay out their health history. You create less work for them which will make you stand out from the pack
- Control your emotions – Clients that vent their emotions will be viewed as difficult and hard to manage. Your attorney wants to work on your case, not deal with your emotional pain. If you need to vent, lean on a loved one or find a professional counselor.
- Don’t view your case as a winning lottery ticket – Clients that see their case as a financial windfall are red flags for quality medical malpractice attorneys. This is viewed negatively because your personal injury lawyer knows that jury’s do not like to give large awards to people that are seen as milking the system. Find a way to contribute and participate in your life the best you can.
If would like FREE assistance finding a quality medical malpractice personal injury lawyer in your area, we can help. Our team of lawyer referral service experts have evaluated thousands of lawsuits and personal injury lawyers’ throughout the years. Once our lawyer referral service team learn the details of your case and completes their due diligence, we can promptly provide you with a carefully chosen referral. Lawyer Locator is located at 8711 E. Pinnacle Peak Rd. #315 Scottsdale, AZ 85255 and can be reached by calling 800-220-0114 or by visiting LawyerLocator.biz.