Home care services provided by family members are finally being recognized and studied in the public eye thanks to ongoing research efforts and national surveys. According to one study reported by the New York Times, 39.8 million people over the age of 15 reported providing home care services for someone over the age of 65 because of a “condition related to aging.” This is hard evidence that family caregivers are not alone, and that a vast majority of the population is providing compassionate home care services from the good of their hearts.
Available Support for Family Caregivers
Family caregiving is an incredible service, and those who dedicate hours helping their loved ones deserve a great amount of appreciation and support. Families should know that support is available to help when their caregiving responsibilities begin to take a toll on their personal lives or health.
When aging starts to make life challenging, ComForcare can help by providing geriatric care management services. These services are especially helpful for families who live some distance away from their aging loved ones and cannot be there to manage their day-to-day needs. These services are also beneficial for individuals who have escalating care needs, and require extra care or specialized assistance.
With ComForcare, families can trust that their family member is being cared for by experienced home care professionals who are passionate about their work.
“Our mission is to provide the highest level of care to ensure that your loved one enjoys the best quality of life possible and that you have complete peace of mind,” shared ComForcare Home Care President, Mark Armstrong.
Geriatric Care Management Services from ComForcare
To provide the highest level of care, ComForcare offers the following geriatric care management services:
- A ComForcare nurse will perform a comprehensive in-home assessment of each client’s needs, physical condition, and social situation to identify concerns and set goals for healthy, independent living.
- Information from this assessment is used to develop a personalized care plan for each client, which is followed by each caregiver at every visit.
- Caregivers are carefully matched to clients based on information gathered in the assessment regarding personality, interests and life experience.
ComForcare will also coordinate care and referral services for families and clients. This includes:
- Assisting families living at a distance by managing home care and notifying families of problems and changes in their loved ones’ needs.
- Keeping open lines of communication by providing regular updates on clients to their family and being available to answer questions or address family concerns.
- Assisting moving clients to or from an assisted or independent living community or nursing home.
- Offering referrals to geriatric specialists such as elder law attorneys and physicians.
- Assisting with the rental/purchase and coordinating delivery of any required durable medical equipment for clients.
ComForcare works with each client and family to coordinate individualized services. ComForcare is dedicated to supporting families to provide the highest level of care for their aging loved ones. Its professional team is highly trained, qualified and experienced to ensure the comfort, health, and well-being of older adults.
About ComForcare Home Care
ComForcare is a premier provider of private-duty, non-medical home care services to people of all ages, with offices located nationwide. Each office employs experienced, compassionate caregivers who make life easier for those coping with a chronic medical condition, recovering from an illness or injury, or dealing with the challenges of aging – in the comfort of their own home. ComForcare offers home care services including personal care, homemaking, transportation, companionship and family respite services to improve the quality of life and level of independence for every individual and family receiving its services. Each ComForcare office is independently owned and operated.