Home care services are an excellent way to ensure your loved ones are able to maintain the quality life and independence they desire and deserve. Whether you hire a home care nurse to assist around the house for just an hour a day or you contract full-time services for your aging loved one, home care will help you find the peace of mind you need to know that your parents and grandparents are well cared for.
When it comes time to determine the type of home care services you and your family need, it is important to consider multiple aspects including care needs, scheduling, and financial resources. For those who are retired or on a fixed income, it may require careful planning to arrange your finances, but there are many great benefits and resources available to help. At ComForcare, we have many years of experience which qualifies us to help families navigate the process of funding home care services.
Whether the source of payment comes from long-term insurance, private pay, veterans’ benefits, or a combination of sources, we work with each client and family to ensure payment of services is easily processed.
Because of the wide array of financial benefits available, we work with families to coordinate any combination of payment sources including:
- Long term insurance – Long term insurance is a way many seniors finance home care services. Depending on the type of policy you have, it is important to check to see if you have a waiting period before you can use your benefits and funds. Some policies allow holders to collect funds immediately, while others require a 30 to 120 day waiting period. If you are unsure, contact your insurance broker and ask him or her to explain the details for you so you know what needs to be done prior to hiring a home care agency or home care provider.
- Veterans’ benefits – The government provides benefits for qualifying veterans which can be used to pay for home care services. If your loved one served in the U.S. military, he or she may be eligible for home care services benefits through the Veterans’ Pension Benefit. At ComForcare, we can assist you in the application process for this veterans’ program and then provide home care services your loved one needs and deserves.
- Workers’ compensation insurance – If your loved one was injured on the job, they may qualify for workers’ compensation insurance which will pay towards home care services required during their rehabilitation period or beyond. Contact your local ComForcare office to learn how we can help you coordinate this benefit.
- Auto insurance – Many auto insurance companies will provide benefits and funding towards home care services if you loved one was injured in an automobile accident. Depending on the policy, these funds can used to supplement or cover the costs of home care services.
- Reverse mortgage funding – Some seniors are able to leverage the equity in their home to help fund home care services.
- Private Payments – We also accept private payments from clients, family-members, or other benefactors and can coordinate multiple private payments in addition to other benefits.
About ComForcare Home Care
ComForcare is a premier provider of private-duty, non-medical home care services to people of all ages, with offices located nationwide. Each office employs experienced, compassionate caregivers who make life easier for those coping with a chronic medical condition, recovering from an illness or injury, or dealing with the challenges of aging – in the comfort of their own home. ComForcare offers home care services including personal care, homemaking, transportation, companionship and family respite services to improve the quality of life and level of independence for every individual and family receiving its services. Each ComForcare office is independently owned and operated.