ComForcare Home Care offers a wide array of services to enable aging individuals remain in the comfort of their own home as they age. Home care services are also available for those who are managing a chronic condition or disease and require extra assistance with daily tasks. This includes those who may have limited mobility or are confined to a wheelchair. For example, individuals who are confined to bed or a wheelchair are often at risk for pressure ulcers, which home care providers will work with clients to prevent.
ComForcare home care providers are trained to identify the early signs of skin breakdown for clients at risk and help prevent the development of pressure ulcers in a manner of ways. These include:
– Regularly inspecting clients’ skin for redness or signs of oncoming sores
– Keeping skin clean and dry
– Applying moisturizer to the skin
– Helping clients change position on a regular basis
– Assisting in transfers to and from a bed, chair, or the toilet
– Bathing and drying clients who are wet or have soiled their undergarments
– Changing wet or soiled bed linens
– Ensuring clients eat a balanced diet and drink enough fluids
– Informing family members or physicians of skin breakdown so treatment can begin immediately.
Unfortunately, sitting or lying in one position for extended periods of time can cause pressure ulcers. These can be prevented and treated, but if left untreated can lead to:
– Hospital Admission
– Increased length of stay in a health care facility
– Decreased quality of life
Local ComForcare home care franchises work with clients to ensure they are able to change positions safely and comfortably, and to clean and care for their skin properly. The prevention of pressure ulcers is critical to maintaining the health and quality of life for those at risk. ComForcare franchises can help your loved on with personal care needs at home or during a stay at a health care facility.
For many families, the demands of providing home care services for someone on bed rest can seem like a giant task. ComForcare partners with clients and their families to provide the personalized services they need whether that means supporting family caregivers or providing full-time care.
About ComForcare Home Care
ComForcare began in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, in 1996 as a company dedicated to establishing a new standard in the quality of non-medical home care. After perfecting the winning formula, ComForcare began franchising and now has locations throughout the United States and in Canada and the U.K.
Each independently owned and operated ComForcare office offers home care services including personal care, homemaking, transportation, companionship and family respite services to improve the quality of life and level of independence for every individual and family receiving its services.
ComForcare Home Care
2510 Telegraph Road, Suite 100
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302