ComForcare clients and employees love to celebrate the changing seasons together. Late autumn is one of our favorite times of the year as the leaves change color and cooler weather is finally here, with even a chance of snow flurries in the northern states. Fall is such a beautiful time of year and the perfect opportunity to try some new activities with your aging loved one. As we all know, one of the most important things you can do as you age is to remain active. Getting outdoors or trying new things indoors is sure to bring happy times and good memories. Here are a few suggestions below from our home care team at ComForcare Home Care.
- Go for a walk. Get outdoors and go for your own color tour around the neighborhood or at a local park. Many of our elderly care clients enjoy this time with their home care providers or would be happy to take walks with children or grandchildren. As it gets colder, remember to bundle up!
- Decorate your home. It is time to take down the summer decorations and put up the autumn-themed décor. Get a few friends together and make an evening of it! Making paper lanterns, drying leaves, or creating an autumn-themed wreath are all fun activities to do with friends, family, or home care assistants.
- Try something new in the kitchen. Fall offers so many warm and spicy flavors. Try making your own apple cider or have your grandkids over to help make some caramel apples! It is a great time to experiment with new vegetables like purple fingerling potatoes or new varieties of squash.
- Touchdown! Gather around the TV with family and friends and root for your favorite football team.
- Carve a pumpkin. We all know how exciting Halloween can be for children. Invite your grandchildren over to carve pumpkins and get their costumes in order. It is such fun to see the smile on their faces!
At ComForcare, we enjoy spending time with our clients celebrating the seasons. Home care services are a great option for seniors because it allows them to continue to live independently in their own home where they can continue to spend time outdoors, in their community, or indoors in the comfort of their home as they gather with friends and family. Home care services are available on a part-time or full-time basis and are designed to meet the needs of each individual client and their family.
Elderly care is a big responsibility, so whether you provide home care for your parent, grandparent, or spouse, know that there are incredible professional home care nurses available from ComForcare who are happy to support families and their loved ones so everyone has the time and attention they need to live a happy, healthy, and balanced life.
Locate Home Care Services in Your Community
ComForcare is a premier provider of private-duty home care services to people of all ages with offices conveniently located nationwide. We can help make life easier for those coping with a chronic medical condition, recovering from an illness or injury, or dealing with the challenges of aging – in the comfort of their own homes. In addition to helping clients maintain prescription medication compliance, we offer elderly care services including personal care, homemaking, transportation, companionship and family respite services to improve the quality of life and level of independence for every individual and family receiving our services. Each ComForcare office is independently owned and operated.
ComForcare Home Care
2510 Telegraph Road, Suite 100
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302